Sunday, April 14, 2013

Let's Start A Conversation!

Stem Cell Research! Fun topic don't you think? Well considering it is a huge thing in science and society right now, it is a pretty important topic to discuss. There are so many components that go into this subject, but a big one standing is ethics. Is stem cell research and use ethical? Well, as the future of stem cell research progresses, the fate of it rests in the hands of the future leaders of the world.......teens!

This is a place for teens to discuss and debate stem cell research. Is it ethical? Is it not ethical? You guys decide. I will be posting different bits and bobs discussing both sides of this question. So join in on the conversation. Don't be afraid to share :)

4 comments:

  1. Works Cited

    "The Skin Gun (Stem Cell Research to Replace Burnt off Skin. Done in 3 Days!)." YouTube. YouTube, n.d. Web. 11 Apr. 2013. .


    "Cons of Stem Cell Research." YouTube. YouTube, 14 Oct. 2009. Web. 11 Apr. 2013. .


    CNN. Cable News Network, n.d. Web. 25 Apr. 2013. .


    "What Are Stem Cells?" What Are Stem Cells? N.p., n.d. Web. 25 Apr. 2013. .


    "Stem Cell Research." - Pros and Cons. N.p., n.d. Web. 11 Apr. 2013. .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Stem Cell Research News." Diseases Treated Using Stem Cells. N.p., n.d. Web. 29 Apr. 2013. .

      Delete
    2. "First Spinal-Cord Surgery With Stem Cells." YouTube. YouTube, 02 June 2011. Web. 29 Apr. 2013. .

      Delete
  2. Wow, I'd heard of stem cell research, but I had no idea what it actually was,and honestly I'm not really sure what to think about it. On one side I can definitely see the benefits, since I noticed it can help cure leukemia, which my great aunt has, but on the other side there's the whole ethical thing about whether the baby is actually alive, so I'm kind of torn. I really did actually learn a lot though and I thought it was really relatable as well.

    ReplyDelete